Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bringing the babe home

We were discharged from the hospital on April 21st, two days after Selah was born. Although, I enjoyed being taken care of by the sweet nurses, I was ready to be home and away from all things hospital. I wanted my bed and a good nights sleep-well a night of not being interrupted by anyone other than Selah. I actually let Selah sleep in the nursery at night, because I knew I needed my rest. But, the nurses constantly woke me by checking my vitals and such. I thought letting her sleep in the nursery would be hard, but after getting to know the night shift nurses I felt totally comfortable and had peace of mind. She was discharged at 6 lbs 10 oz (5 ounces less than her birth weight) we were instructed to see our pediatrician in 48 hours because Selah was slightly jaundice. So, we packed up and Joe and I brought our baby girl home!

1 comment: