Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Owen meets Selah!

I loved that I gave birth to Selah mid afternoon. It gave Owen enough time to nap after school, and me to get to my recovery room for him to meet her that same day! Joe left the hospital once we got settled to go get Owen. When Owen came barreling into my hospital room he lit up after seeing me. He ran up to the bed, and everyone had to remind him to be very gentle because mommy had ouchies. I had him climb up in bed with me and gave him big hugs and kisses, he then wanted to see "Baby Selah" so we scooped her up from her little hospital bed and let him examine her. He was so sweet  and tender with her and gave her gentle hugs. Most of all he liked rubbing all her hair! We reminded him that she was very little and he needed to be super gentle with her. He seemed interested in her for all of 5 minutes. He then could not think about anything else other than the IV in my arm. He was very concerned for me and did not like that I had ouchies in my arm-such a sweet little guy. Joe reminded him of the guitar he picked out for Selah a couple months back. (it's a baby toy that plays the most annoying songs EVER!) He had been waiting all these months patiently to give her this toy and he was excited to play the music for her. After about 45 minutes Owen's attention span started fading and he was getting a little too hyper for that small room that had our family and my mom and dad in it. My parents thought it was time to leave and feed him dinner, and let Joe and I get some rest. Owen gave Selah some more sweet loves and again told me how much he did not like my ouchies in my arm. I gave my sweet boy some extra love (and maybe shed a tear or two) and sent him on his way with his gramma and papa. So much fun! I love how from the get go he loves his sister. I know Owen will be the best big brother ever!!


Owen checking his sister out for the first time.

Daddy loving on his girl

The Brauns! All four of us!!

Proud Papa and Gramma!

No comments:

Post a Comment