Friday, May 20, 2011

This guy...

Oh, Owen....he has been through a lot since Selah was born. Praise God, he has handled it with such sweetness toward her, and only has acted out on Joe and I.  The time that my parents were here (the first two weeks after she was born) was hard on O. He was sick. He was sharing his mom and dad for the first time in his short three years of life. I was nursing Selah at most hours he saw me, or needed me the most. Gramma and Papa's novelty wore off and I think it hit him that them being here was not normal as well...to say the least he had a rough time in the beginning.

In the last two weeks, Owen, Selah and I have tried to find what our new normal looks like. Getting up for school twice a week and all that goes along with school has happened, and it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. The other days have been focused on trying to do something fun and something that allows Owen's energy to be burned. So, we will go to the park or to Kanagazoom, or for walks. I have been trying to keep things fun like making popsciles, or playing with chalk or bubbles outside-especially when Selah is sleeping and we can have sometime just he and I. There are times when he gets out of control and I feel he has become more demanding for what he wants. Both things are so difficult and are hard to deal with, especially since I feel like I sometimes do not have the energy to put up with it. We are working on it though, and I know it will get better with time and being consistent. I do love this kid, and I am so grateful that I get to be his mom. At the end of the day, no matter how hard our day has been, he is still my favorite little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment