Thursday, June 23, 2011

Selah's 2 months old!

This week Selah had her two month check up. She was adored by all...the nurses and doctor just gushed over her, and Sweet girl just played the part smiling and smiling. Selah got a perfect bill of health, the doctor said everything was great and whatever we were doing at home keep it up!
Stats:
11 lbs, 11 ounces (75%) 24 inches long (75%)



 
Here's Some stuff about Selah:
  • She is eating so well. I am so so so happy that she nursing so well, and that she and I are enjoying it. 
  • She has great neck control, and the doctor laughed saying she looked like a 4 month old when she laid her on her belly and Selah lifted her head. 
  • She is smiling all the time, and often squels or slightly giggles when being talked to. She smiles the most for her daddy and her big brother. 
  • She still loves to be cuddled and held-it's her favorite. 
  • She sits in her bumbo and does pretty well in it for about 5-10 minutes, then she starts to slump over. 
  • She nurses for about 5-10 minutes on each side. Most days every three hours and sometimes can stretch it out til 4 hours (but not often). She will take a bottle, but drinks it super slow, we don't do bottles much. Although, I do try at least 2 times a week, just so it stays familiar. 
  • She pretty much averages 5-6 hour stretches of sleep at night, usually from 10pm-3:30am. But, a few times this past week when I go to check on her when I hear her making noises at 3am she is generally still sleeping and if I give her, her paci she will stay asleep til 5-5:30am! YAY Baby!!
  • She flipped from her tummy to her back twice the other day, but has not done it since.
  •  She got her two month shots and cried just until I could pick her up, which I did just as soon as I could. She knows her mama, and it feels incredible knowing that God gave me the ability to soothe my kids.
  • Have I mentioned she is SUPER SUPER sweet?!?! 

1 comment:

  1. She's so cute!! I want to hold her and I know I probably won't even get to see her in person until she's to big to hold. :(

    ReplyDelete