Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A visit from the Topps family

We were excited and blessed to spend time with my sister and her family. Actually, my brother Mike came too, just on a different day...BONUS! Owen was beyond excited to see his big boy cousins. He has been in love with Kyle and Jake since he met them, when he was three months old. They have always been so good to him and I so appreciate that. They both play with him and love him so sweetly and it melts my heart to know that he loves his cousins that much. He often calls them "JakeKyle" when talking about them, never really separates the two names. =) He was just as excited to see his Auntie Kim and Uncle Joel-both spoil him rotten and he knows it too! =) He knew Kailyn was coming, but because they have not spent much time together he didn't know what to think about her coming...They got along well toward the end of the week, but there was a lot of refereeing going on and competition with toys etc. One cute memory of Owen and Kailyn was them holding hands and singing in the car on the way home from the aquarium...SO CUTE! I love knowing just how much these people love both my kids and how even though we are miles apart, Owen knows he is loved by them and he always remembers the fun things they do together. There were times when we would be driving and Owen would be in our car and Joe and I would hear "but I NEED my cousins!!!!"

Owen loved spending time with his Uncle Mike too. One night I went to go check on Owen after everyone was sleeping and he was not in his bed...kinda freaked me out! I opened Selah's door (that's where Mike slept) to ask Mike if he had seen him and sure enough I see Owen all cozied up in Uncle Mikes bed, while my brother read. How sweet is that!?!? I just left him there, and O thought it was cool that he slept with Uncle Mike!

Selah loved both The Topps family and Mike too. She especially loved her Auntie though. She would smile so big for her and coo and kinda giggle too. So much fun! Everyone loved cuddling her and she LOVED to be cuddled too. She would get passed around like a football, and did not care. She relished in being held, and I did too. It's fun to watch your little sister and brother dote on your kids...

It was a full house that was loud and chaotic. But, it was so fun and we did a lot of fun things. I know Kyle and Jake had a ton of fun exploring Georgia. In fact I know Joel liked that too...actually all the California people liked it!!  It was a good visit and I am so honored they chose to spend their vacations with us!! It was great getting to know Joel better-this was the most time Joe and I have spent with him. He is a great guy, and I am so glad he married my sister. Joe and him were really cute together and they both have a little boy's adventurous spirit in them and it was fun to sit back and watch them together. I loved spending time with Kailyn too. She is feisty, sassy and sweet all at the same time! YAY for time with the family!
All the cousins!!

Auntie Kim and Selah!!

Love this picture of Kim and Kailyn...aren't they so cute?!

oh, these guys...

Joel, thinking he's Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing...."Hey baaaaby..."

The Topps Family

Owen and Uncle Mike. They look so similar to me...

Love Kyle and Jake and hope they come back for a visit soon!!

Sisters and their matching girls...oh yes we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment