Wednesday, August 10, 2011

3 months

Oh, baby girl....you are almost 4 months old here I am updating on all things you are up to at 3 months. It's been a busy month, and you are growing so much!


Selah turned three months old on an airplane. We flew out to Oregon to visit with Joe's family and it just happened be that we were in the air and I told Joe..."she's three months old today!" She did so great on the flights to and from. Nursed and slept pretty much on both flights. She has become so much more animated and loves to smile and squeek and squeal. Her love for her big brother grows stronger every day it seems, and I think the feeling is mutual. She is still nursing 3.5 hours to 4 hours during the day. We finish up our last feeding around 10pm and she was sleeping sound until almost 7am! The last two weeks have been different. She still nurses at 10pm, but she has been waking around 4am and will talk and talk and talk. She never really cries, she is just LOUD and she often wakes everyone up in the house. The first few nights she started this I would go to her because it was new and I thought she may be hungry, but she wasn't ever hungry and just wanted to smile and play! So, I started just letting her work it out and she eventually goes back to sleep until 7. She is reaching out for toys that dangle down, and holds some rattles. She kick kick kicks her little legs when sitting in the bouncy seat, and has started sitting in the excersuacer. She loves looking at all the toys and being able to see the world. She is grabbing our cheeks when we get so close and you can tell she loves her mommy and daddy so much. She has become a bit demanding. Meaning she wants to be held either facing out, or sitting up in our laps. She does really want to see the world!

I am still loving our sweet times when I nurse her, especially the late night feeding when the house is quiet and it's just us. Those time I often spend praying over both of the kids. I have come to really treasure those times. I am trying to savor all these sweet times I have with Selah. Three months have flown by, and the months will continue to fly by. So, I just want to enjoy and be so very grateful for the sweet little blessings God has given me with both my kids.

1 comment:

  1. Oh You have some mellow sleepers on your hands, what a treat! I think that's amazing that she sleeps so much even waking up at 4 am 6 whole hours is so great! She is a doll I'm glad you're savoring her little tiny times. :) As she gets older she looks so much like a mix of you and Joe. I thought she looked so much like Joe but I definitely see you in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete