Wednesday, August 24, 2011

4 months of Sweet Selah

Selah turned 4 months old last week. Not much has changed since I last blogged about her turning 3 months, since that post was so late! She continues to eat really well, and is becoming more and more fun! Her personality is blooming as each day passes. She is so smiley. Joe and I just talked about how we think she is more smiley at this stage than Owen ever was. One thing she has started is, rolling from her tummy to back and then back onto tummy. The other morning I laid her on the middle of a blanket and in minutes she was rolling to all over and eventually far off the blanket! I was reminded about how babies become mobile and I am definitely not ready for that...Owen started crawling around 7 months, and well that's not too far from now!! It amazes me how babies accomplish so many big things in their first year-crazy!

She had her 4 month check up and she is 14 pounds 8 ounces and 24.5 inches long. I can't remember her head circumference, but it was perfect! =) She is in the 50th percentile all across the board. Her doctor said we can start cereal, but I think I am going to give it another month...maybe even wait til 6 months. She doesn't seem to need it or "ask" for anything more than milk right now. She is sleeping great, so I don't think she need those extra calories to help her sleep better at night, so I think we are just going to wait. I also I want to get Owen good and settled in school and focus on the food transition with Selah. Her doctor was more than fine with that, she just suggested me keeping up with her 10pm feeding until we do start on the cereal, even though Selah never wakes up for that feeding and sleeps right through it. So, that our plan!

She continues to bring all of us so much joy. She has us all wrapped around her pinky...






1 comment:

  1. aww she's so sweet! I can't wait until I can meet her and snuggle with her.

    ReplyDelete