Thursday, August 11, 2011

A pirate's life for O

Owen is way into imaginary play right now. His newest favorite thing (credit to Jake and the Neverland Pirates) is to be a Pirate. I took him "pirate shopping" a week or so ago, and now he dresses up. He hunts for treasure, which is usually him putting his cars in his Lightning Mcqueen Box tin box thing he has. He drives his boat, which is a laundry basket. He has the "Arghh" and my favorite "Ahoy, Matey!" down. He uses his his telescope to look for dry land. While driving his boat he says that the area rug in the living room is the water, and he can't fall in because there are crocodiles. And, my friend Megan hooked him up with a cool sword to fight off those crocs!

The Captain (according to O) taking a rest in his boat.

Looking for dry land.

We had to pretend the baseball bat was a sword, until he got one. PS don't you think it's funny Charlie insists on being in some pictures!
The boy is cute! He is full of life. Full of joy-most of the time! I love how his little imagination works and how he plays, good and hard. It makes me smile, and a lot of the times laugh to myself at the things he brings up or the things he doesn't think I hear him say while playing. I pray he always plays hard. I pray that his imagination keeps growing and that he is always full of fun and joy.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! I love how are boys with miles between them latch on to the same adventurous ideas! Isaac is always searching for gold deblooms with Chitie Cheet his new imaginary friend who lives in the front yard...We made a cardboard castle/boat where he sails the high seas. It's so fun to hear/watch him pretend. Once again I wish the boys could play together.

    ReplyDelete