Wednesday, February 16, 2011

3 years old

It's so hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that three years ago we held Owen for the first time. Well, we were home from the hospital by now (I am a few days late on his birthday post) But, three years ago, he was itty bitty.  Three years ago I heard his sweet little cry for the first time, saw his big ALERT blue eyes, and ran my fingers through his full head of curly dark hair. It seems so long ago, but when I sit and think about the day he was born I can go back to that sweet precious day in a second.

Owen is talking so much more and putting together really great sentences. He will tell me things that he has clearly been thinking about for awhile. For example, randomly he will say "when Selah comes home she will have small feet" or "when I get big like daddy i drive a car".  He is drawing and coloring well. He knows all his letters and colors. He still has a hard time counting to 10 on some days and recognizing those numbers are tricky for him. He loves playing catch and playing soccer. He loves throwing the ball for Charlie.  He loves to go to Barnes and Noble ("the train store") and play with the train table and read books with us. He loves to "make" which means sliding a chair next to me when I'm at the counter cooking dinner, and him playing with the pots and pans, or with wooden spoons and tupperware. He loves to sing. He now sings songs that I have been playing in the car or at home that he regularly hears like Fiest, Jack Johnson, my worship CD and so much more!  He has got peeing in the toilet down-he even pees standing up most of the time now. He can stay dry for a long while now. Sometimes I even forget to remind him, and he will announce "I have to go potty!"....YES! We are still working on him pooping in the toilet, but I know we will get there...hopefully sooner than later! He loves reading his Bible and he memorized his first Bible verse last month. We are currently working on another verse and he's doing great! He is trying to grasp the idea of Jesus loving him so much-something that he's learning in church this month and we are talking about at home with him. He told me yesterday that Jesus loves him and loves his buddy Isaac! =)

Owen is such a complete joy in our lives. He makes us laugh everyday. He challenges us everyday. He gives the best smooches and has been giving them more than he ever has as of lately. He is my favorite little boy!

We had a birthday party at Chick-fil-a this weekend with his friends and he had a blast!  On his real birthday, I made scrambled eggs and toast with Nutella for breakfast (his favorite) then that evening I made Joe and I a special Valentines Dinner and we had cupcakes and sang Owen Happy Birthday. I loved how simple it was-just the three of us!


Hanging out with the Chick-fil-a cow!


He REALLY likes the Birthday song!

Good morning big 3 year old boy!

mmmmmm...Nutella!

My boys.

4 comments:

  1. Oh he is getting so big!! I love the breakfast pictures just wonderful family time there is nothing better. Love you friend, send my love to your boys
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we haven't been around for the whole three years, but it really has been amazing watching him grow into a functioning litte boy in front of our eyes.

    I think it's going to be so cool for Owen to still be going through the growth process and have the chance to watch his little sister do the same.

    Amanda and I are really glad that we have the whole Braun crew in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Charlie-you are the sweetest! We are so thankful for you and Amanda too!

    Ang...I just love you and MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little boy! I want to smooch his dirty little face.

    ReplyDelete