Monday, February 14, 2011

faces and imagination

Owen hit a big mile stone this past weekend. He was drawing with his aqua doodle (which if your little one does not have one...they should-coolest crafty toy ever!) and he told Joe and I "I draw face". When we asked to see what he drew sure enough there was a head two eyes and a mouth.  I asked him to draw it again and he did! He said he was drawing Owen.



It is really cool to see his little imagination unfold and see what he comes up with from day to day. I love hearing his little chatter he does with his toys. He makes up stories and role plays with them for long periods of time. Sometimes, it's telling and convicting the way he talks to his toys because he repeats words and phrases we say to him. For example, he will boss Charlie around and tell him things like "now Charlie you make good choice". Or, he loves talking to his toys in the bath tub. He will go on for a good 10 minutes making up dialogue for them. I have to catch it on video!

Drawing a face seems like a big deal and huge mile stone to me! I can't believe he drew it so well, and SO clear! He is getting so big and I think more things like these are in our near future!

1 comment:

  1. So cool to watch him grow up and learn to express himself! He has such a great imagination.

    ReplyDelete