Monday, February 7, 2011

Sweetness for my soul

Owen has always been a classic daddy's boy. He and Joe have a very special bond.  He is a boys boy through and through. It's just how God made him, and I love it! Although I would not be lying if there were weird times through out the last three years where I secretly wished he preferred me over Joe. =) Well, it seems I have gotten my wish. Over the last month or so Owen has definitely preferred me over Joe. He has become so much more lovely toward me and always chooses to ride in my car with me over his daddy, when we drive separate cars. When I get a rare moment of going to grocery store or anywhere without Owen, and Joe stays with him, Joe reports how he asks about me all the time. It's sweet, and it warms my heart!

Yesterday was just icing on the cake. After eating lunch, Owen ran up and curled up in my lap, wrapped his skinny arms around my neck and said "You're my favorite Mommy" (totally unprompted by the way) He's never said those words to either Joe or I. (It probably stems from us telling him daily he's our favorite boy). But, It serious melted this mama's heart and I would be lying if I didn't say it didn't bring some tears to my eyes. Yes, it made me get a little teary.

I think it's a sweet sweet time for this sweet little bond for Owen and I to bloom. We are now officially 10 weeks away from the due date of our little girl. Maybe God is preparing Owen in some way that I don't know about on the emotional level of him having a sibling. Maybe God is preparing ME for a world of change having two children and not as much time with Owen. I don't know the reason for Owen wanting to be closer and loving me more than usual. I don't need a reason, I will just take it and eat it up!


Me and my favorite boy:


1 comment:

  1. It's it the best thing ever to hear genuine love coming from your little ones mouth!? I'm glad he shared those words with you and hope you feel even more connected to him with Selah on the way.

    ReplyDelete