Friday, April 1, 2011

36 week check up

I'm a little behind on this post...between having some computer issues and well being lazy it's taken me almost 2 weeks to write this post.

At my 36 week appointment I gained 1 more pound putting me at 148, my vitals were great, and the baby's heart beat continues to sound strong! This appointment was a little more involved. I was tested for Group Strep B and the doctor checked to see if I had dilated at all. Good news! I was dilated to 1.5 centimeters and 60% effaced! This news made me glad and somewhat relieved. At this point in my pregnancy with Owen I was .5 centimeters dilated, and stayed that way until I was admitted to the hospital for his induction. So, knowing my body is progressing more on it's own, than it had the first time around is encouraging! The doctor reminded me of things to look for as far as labor goes and protocols they want me to follow. She told me that this being my second baby they want me to get to the hospital if I have contractions that last 8-10 minutes apart, that last for one minute, for 1 hour. She also asked if we were wanting to induce this time around. I never really thought I had the option to decide this early on... I guess due to the fact that I had a great induction experience with Owen and I was progressing well, they find me in favor of a good induction experience again. I told her I wanted to think on it, and talk with Joe more about it.  All and all a good appointment. It was so good going to that visit knowing that our baby girl would here in 4-5 week-not very long at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment