Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas was really fun and relaxing in our home this year. We have really enjoyed that we spend a lot of that time at home and make plans as we go. No rushing from one home to another...we enjoyed time with good friends, but missed our families far away like crazy!

On Christmas Eve Joe worked some of the day and Owen and I hung out at home and continued his potty training efforts (another post for another time) Our church's service is earlier in the evening and we enjoyed sitting all together singing lots of music, worshiping God and celebrating His son's birth,  together as a family. We also do a short video for the teaching versus a traditional Christmas message. It was a short and sweet service. After church we headed up to our friends' The Scotts house and ate finger foods with lots of other friends, played Rock Band, and just enjoyed one another's company. We got home late and put a very sleepy little boy to bed. After Owen went to sleep Joe and I watched  A Christmas Story and wrapped ALL the presents we had, plus any presents from family. We went to bed after midnight and slept SO good!

Christmas morning was really fun with Owen this year. Although, his attention span for each gift was about 30 seconds, he LOVED unwrapping gifts this year. He loved all his presents, from all who spoiled the child! He would open one gift, be excited for a bit, then say "another present?" Joe and I gave each other our gifts before Christmas, and knew what we were getting. I got Joe tickets to The Avett Brothers, a band he really likes, and a gift card to get some new running shoes. My lovely husband gave me BOOTS! Oh, how I have wanted a new pair of boots for such a long time. I LOVE them! He also scored an awesome deal on a Flip camera for me. =)


The best part of the morning was our big reveal of the baby's gender. My friend Shannon gave me an idea of finding out the baby's gender in a special way and I selected her to help me, since it was her idea. That morning we found out we would be having a baby girl, in April! We are thrilled to welcome this child and cannot wait to see her sweet face. Aside from Jesus being the best present, ever....finding out this baby is a girl was one of the best Christmas mornings I have ever had!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of Owen, he looks more and more like his dad. . .Although I do see some Mikey shining through(I'm I still allowed to call him Mikey) anyways. I am so excited for your baby girl!!! Congrats best friend!!

    ReplyDelete