Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pop Pop Pop!

This baby is moving! I believe I started feeling baby move around 17 or 18 weeks. It felt like flutters, like a little butterfly was stuck in my belly. It made me smile. It made me kinda come out of the denial  I was living in that, hey we are having another baby! It made me remember how amazing it was to first feel Owen fluttering around in my belly, when I was carrying him. It made me thankful to be able to carry a child, a child that seems healthy. It made me fall deeper in love with this baby. It made me excited to hold this little one! Flutters. They are great!

 19 week pictures of baby!
Nearly three weeks later it feels more like someone is popping popcorn in my belly, and popping it all the time-but especially at night time! The popping is feeling stronger and stronger as each day passes. I feel it on the outside of my belly sometimes too. Best thing...Joe felt the baby move for the very first time the night he returned from Africa. I was 20 weeks along! Just a week before, I was reading that the baby is now able to hear things. I am convinced that this sweet baby heard he or she's daddy's voice for the first time in two weeks and went nuts in there! It was a beautiful welcome home gift for him.

I am so thankful for both my babies. I feel incredibly blessed to have been picked to be their mommy!

4 comments:

  1. Ya I get to be your first follower!!! Now you need to come and follow me!
    Love you best friend and love the belly

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. Yes, they know their Daddy's voice!! And I think they know it when they are born. They kind of have a look on their face that says, "So THAT'S where that sound comes from."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know huh, Mitzi! they are getting bigger!

    ReplyDelete