Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My new favorite side dish/lunch

I have always loved a good combo of black beans and corn. Last Saturday night I made a steak that was marinated with cumin so it had a little bit of spice to it. I wanted to make a healthy side dish to go along with it so I searched my pantry and found a few treasures. It was perfect!! Here's what I made:

1 can black beans
1 small can of corn
1 red pepper
1/2 white onion sliced
1 can of Rotel-loved the sicy that this brought
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
a little olive oil
a dash of sugar
salt and pepper

I actually tried this little salad mixture in the oven and served it warm. SO GOOD!

I also served this meal with some wild rice. I had both left over and it has served as two great lunches for me. One lunch I did was threw both the rice and black bean mixture in a bowl, heated it up and enjoyed the yumminess. Today I wrapped it both in a whole grain tortilla and had a slice of cheddar cheese and that was my lunch!

All of the uses of this ridiculously easy dish has served me and my family well!!! YAY for healthy and delish food!

No comments:

Post a Comment