Friday, December 24, 2010

Crafty Mama!

For Christmas this year I am channeling my inner craftiness (with the help of my dear friend Sarah) and hoping that it becomes a Christmas tradition of making my kids one homemade thing that they can open Christmas morning. Something made with love!

It didn't take me long to decide I wanted to make something CARS for Owen. If you know my son you know that he love loves with anything CARS. I decided on a blanket. I didn't want to do anything to complex, so I started asking Sarah and my other super crafty friend Michelle about some tips. I went to Joann's bought two different fabrics (when they had a super sale and used coupons) one yard each, cut up a white sheet to put in between the fabrics, and sewed it all together. Now, it wasn't that easy...but pretty close. I will say this is the second thing I have sewn in my whole life. So I needed a lot of coaching and guidance and "that a girl's" from Sarah. All of which she did perfectly! =) Also, I used a machine that was so much easier than the one I used on my first sewing project...some burp rags for my niece. Having a machine that works and works easy is a major plus!


Here's the result!!! Best part less than $15 for a super cozy blanket that I know Owen will LOVE!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome! My boys would love something like that too, wish we were closer so I could join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete